A Simple Running Log

March 27, 2017

Training for 3/27/17

Filed under: Uncategorized — aschmid3 @ 5:13 pm

Saturday, I didn’t feel as tired when I got up as I had the previous few days, so after I fed Pepper his breakfast, I went out and ran an easy 3-miler. It was a really nice morning for it, for once.

Clark and I loaded up our bikes in his truck (so nice to have it back!), picked up his dad and his bike and then met Bart in Cambridge.

We all rode about 20 miles, mostly on the Eagleman course. There were so many other people out doing the same thing, for a minute I thought there was some kind of cycling event going on, but it was just random bike riders like ourselves.

Bart, who also has a triathlon bike, and Clark were much faster than Clark’s dad and me, so they’d ride ahead, and then wait for us to catch up.

I felt pretty good on my bike, but a few times, the gears kept shifting when I wasn’t touching the shifters, so I’m not sure what was going on there. I should probably take it back to the shop to get that looked at if it keeps doing it.

I haven’t been wearing my Garmin while riding because it keeps records of my fastest mile, 5K, 10K, etc., and obviously I’d blow away my actual running records on the bike. But Clark wears his, since it’s fancy enough to differentiate between activities, and he said he took 1:13 to finish the ride, so I took a few minutes longer.

That afternoon, I met my mom and younger sister at their house, and we drove up to Silver Spring for the wedding. The ceremony was in their church, and then the reception was at a venue called The Other Barn (right next to The Barn) in Columbia.

All in all, it was a nice wedding. Just about my whole family went, other than Clark and my dad, who used the same excuse he always uses to get out of leaving the farm – he had chickens.

My younger sister and I pretended we were guest brides on an episode of “Four Weddings” and had a great time critiquing everything with the cliches people on the actual show use all the time haha. There was also a Mad Lib every table had to fill out, and the matron of honor read our table’s out loud, including a pretty inappropriate sentence near the end that made her and most everyone else bust out laughing. We’d almost changed the word after we’d plugged it in and read the sentence, just in case it did get read, because we weren’t sure everyone else would find it funny, but fortunately everyone else did.

It was pretty late by the time we got back to my parents’ house, but when I got home, Clark and Mike had returned from the Dogfish Head event and invited over a few of Clark’s coworkers to hang out. It was close to 2:30 a.m. when I finally went to bed.

Sunday, I wasn’t able to sleep in very much, even though I’d gone to bed so late and I really didn’t have any reason to be up at a certain time. But I was really tired, so I decided early on it was going to be rest day.

Clark and I hung around home all day. We watched the NASCAR race from Fontana and some college basketball, about the most productive thing either of us did.

This morning, I again woke up feeling exhausted in spite of doing nothing yesterday and getting a full night’s sleep, and my head was a little stuffy. I thought I was in the clear, but maybe not.

I put off a run until late in the afternoon. It was a warm day, in the mid 70s. I did a very slow lap around the 4.5-mile loop. It felt OK, I guess. Kinda sluggish.


Leave a Comment »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: