A Simple Running Log

May 11, 2015

Training for 5/11/15

Filed under: Uncategorized — aschmid3 @ 3:28 pm

Friday evening, Clark and I took Pepper to Mispillion River Brewing in Milford, where he did what he always does — just sat there looking pretty and getting non-stop attention from everyone else in the place. These two little girls in particular would not leave him alone, but Pepper just let them love all over him. It’s hard to believe that’s the same dog who has reduced our utility room to a scrap heap!

Saturday, I didn’t get up in time to get in a double-digit run before I was supposed to be at Julie’s house for lunch, so I just went out to bust out a lap around the ol’ 4.5-mile loop real quick. Well, it wasn’t that quick after all. Less than a half-mile into the run, I got this sudden sharp pain in the left side of my neck. It went from zero to I-can-barely-walk in about four steps, just completely out of nowhere. It was so weird! I made it the rest of the way around the loop, but I kept having to stop to walk when it would hurt.

I took it pretty easy the rest of the day, hanging out with my friends, who gave me a $60 gift card to Dick’s Sporting Goods for my birthday. When I got home, Clark put me to work cleaning off and installing all the screens in the house and garage. It was a literal pain in the neck for me, but it felt so much better in the house when we were able to open all the windows and get a breeze going! We don’t turn on the air conditioning until it hits about 100 degrees here, so it was getting pretty stuffy in the house last week.

That evening, we stayed in and watched the race. My old ass had my heating pad on my neck haha. I fell asleep during a rain delay, but woke up just in time to see Jimmie stupid Johnson win the race. Gee, I would’ve hated to have slept through that.

Sunday, my mom was supposed to meet us at our house at 9:30 a.m. to ride down to the beach, so, once again, I did not get up in time to run double digits! Clark, Pepper and I did a lap together around the 4.5-mile loop. My neck felt fine enough I didn’t need to walk any of it.

By the time my mom got to our house, the fog had burned off and it had turned into a very nice sunny day. We all rode down to the beach house in the Jeep, where we met Clark’s parents, grandmother, brother and sister-in-law. Clark’s dad stayed at the house with Pepper and Snoopy, and the rest of us went to Harpoon Hanna’s for brunch, to celebrate Mother’s Day. It was an absolutely perfect day to sit out on the deck.

mom and me

Mom and me at the beach house after brunch.

Then Mom and I changed our clothes and we took out the paddleboards on the canal. Mom had never tried one before, but she got the hang of it really quick. She’d also never been in a kayak before, so we took that out after the paddleboards.

We stayed there the rest of the afternoon with Clark’s family, just enjoying the day. I love my siblings, but it was kind of nice to have my mom all to myself for a whole day!

Today, I took Pepper out for an easy 3-miler. It was a warm day, so I was happy to see the farmer across the road had turned this on:


The best part of running out in the country during the summer!


Leave a Comment »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: