A Simple Running Log

November 13, 2014

Training for 11/13/14

Filed under: Uncategorized — aschmid3 @ 10:26 am

After being able to run in shorts and a tank top the last couple of days, I’m having a hard time convincing myself to put on the layers I’m going to need today — it feels like 35 degrees at the moment with the wind chill. Plus, Pepper isn’t going to like leaving his current position, curled up in a ball on the couch.

I’ll be back to shorts and tank tops soon enough though. This afternoon, we’re leaving for Miami, and here’s the five-day forecast:

miami weather

Much better! The only thing I don’t like is the 40 percent chance of rain Sunday, when they’re supposed to be racing. Our flight home is noon Monday, so that could be a problem if they have to postpone it. I’m just going to look on the bright side — there’s a 60 percent chance it won’t rain.

Anyway, the last couple of days have been pretty slack. I did 4.5 miles with Pepper on Tuesday afternoon, and another three with him on the trail yesterday. There were several other people there too, since it was such an unseasonably nice day, including that old guy who lets his huge standard poodle flounce around off-leash. I probably haven’t seen them since last winter, maybe even the winter before. While Pepper tried to ignore the poodle bouncing around him and yelping right in his face, the old guy said, “Hey, haven’t seen you in a while!” I said something pleasant in return, but what I wanted to say was, “Yeah, IT’S BEEN NICE.” Get a damn leash for your asshole dog!

Pepper and I went on our way and the old guy and the poodle headed in the direction of a bridge we had just crossed, where a couple had been sitting on a bench. I heard the poodle start barking its head off at them. God I hate that dog. Total asshole.

The plan today is 5.5 miles. Maybe it won’t feel so bad once we get moving. Ha!

I cannot wait to get to Miami tonight. We’re staying right in South Beach. It looks like there’s a very nice oceanfront park with a paved biking/running path just a couple of blocks from our hotel, so I’m going to try to get in a couple short runs while we’re there. Tomorrow, we’re going to see Dumb and Dumber To, which is the whole reason we’re flying down tonight instead of waiting until tomorrow.

We have tickets to all three races this weekend, but the only one we’ll definitely go watch is the Cup race Sunday. Neither of us watch the Truck Series, and Chase Elliott already wrapped up the Nationwide Series championship last weekend. The only drama remaining is finding out which of the four remaining Chase drivers (that will get confusing when Elliott moves up to Cup) will finish highest in Sunday’s race and win the Cup championship. Our ticket package also allows us down on the track after the race, where the winning championship team will be celebrating. I’m hoping it’s Kevin Harvick there!

Advertisements

Leave a Comment »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: